Digital Marketing for Non-Profits
Digital marketing can be a tougher task for non-profits than for-profit businesses, by their nature they want to spend as little money as possible for the biggest return so that they can invest more in their cause. This isn’t always straightforward in the digital world but there are a few tricks out there that we want to share with you.
- Make your organic social media shine! In social media terms, organic means content that you haven’t paid the platform to promote. Making sure that your organic content is fresh, constant and engaging will do a lot for the awareness of your cause and it’s possible to do it for completely free if you have a bit of social media savvy!
- Look for grants! In an increasingly digital world, there are lots of grants and free training out there for non-profits to give you a boost. For example, Google provides a grant of up to $10,000 to eligible non-profits to run Google Adwords! (find out more here https://www.google.co.uk/grants/)
- Use free online resources! There’s a vast range of free material out there, from Youtube to Facebook Blueprint, Twitter Flight School, Google Digital Garage and many more. Investing a little bit of time in learning these skills for yourself can save you a lot of money that could be put to better use for your cause.
- Get online donations! Online donations are a much easier and more cost-effective way to raise money than going out collecting or holding events (that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do these too!). You can collect donations through your website, an email campaign or even direct from social media through Facebooks donations button. Sign up to receive donations on Facebook here https://donations.fb.com/en-gb/
- When you do have a marketing budget, invest it in the right places. Focus on areas such as your website which says more about your organisation than anything else and consider paying for one to one training in areas you’re not too sure about.