May Social Media Round Up!
Can you believe it’s almost May already!? It’s certainly crept up on us. As usual, we want to give you a few pointers on whats happening around the world in the coming month that you can incorporate into your social strategy. Our list is only a guideline of broader events so you’ll want to do a bit of research yourself about what’s happening locally to you or in your industry.
- 1st – May Day Bank Holiday – Does your business cater to families? show them what they could get up to on their bank holiday.
- 4th – May the Fourth be with you – Get it? The fourth of May celebrates everything Star Wars and can be a great way for any business to inject some fun into their social media posts.
- 8th – Eurovision Song Contest – Another fun opportunity! Do you have a food and drink business? Try featuring dishes from around Europe. It doesn’t have to be all about the music.
- 13th – Cocktail Day – If you work with cocktails don’t miss out on this opportunity! and if not, go get some! It’s the perfect excuse for a staff do.
- 19th – The Royal Wedding – Take the opportunity to congratulate the Royal couple or showcase you wedding venue/catering/attire etc! May also marks the beginning of wedding season so take full advantage!
- 22nd – 26th – Chelsea Flower Show – This one goes without saying, if you work with flowers or landscaping in any way you should be discussing the flower show!
In no way do you need or should write about all of these, pick what right for your business and if none fit, don’t force it! Incorporating events into your social media strategy is a great way to start a conversation with your following but if the event doesn’t feel right with your business it might put people off. Play around with your content each month and you’ll soon find out what works and what doesn’t.