- 21st April 2015
- Comments Off on Google pushing mobile friendly websites
- Posted by yellowcherrydigital
Google pushing mobile friendly websites
As noted earlier this year by Google, today’s the day we begin globally rolling out our mobile-friendly update. Google are boosting the ranking of mobile-friendly pages on mobile search results. Now searchers can more easily find high-quality and relevant results where text is readable without tapping or zooming, tap targets are spaced appropriately, and the page avoids unplayable content or horizontal scrolling.
With Google boosting the ranking of mobile friendly pages and the fact that around 50% of searches now take place on mobile devices, this is something to consider for businesses. If you are unsure if your website is mobile friendly, feel free to contact us at Yellow Cherry Digital and we will be more than happy to help.
- Affects only search rankings on mobile devices
- Affects search results in all languages globally
- Applies to individual pages, not entire websites